We had the pleasure of appearing on FM107.1’s Kevyn Burger show this morning to talk about this site, and our upcoming Social Media 101: A Beginner Bootcamp seminar on June 22.
If you missed the show, you can listen to our segment by using the link below to download the mp3.
On a Mac, hold down the control key and click and select “Save Link As…” and save the mp3 somewhere on your computer.
On a PC, right click and select Save Target As… (in IE) or Save Link As… (in Firefox) and save the mp3 somewhere on your computer.
When you open the file, it should launch your preferred audio player.
or by clicking the cute little button below to stream it in your browser window.
It was fun talking to Kevyn, and we got to meet Sheletta, too (who is just as funny in person as she sounds on the radio).
We talked about a few things:
- Twitter. Here are links to three great articles for beginners:
- Related to Twitter, we also talked about hashtags. Those look like this: #hashtags and are a way to classify or categorize your tweets. For example, here’s a search on #clockwork (tweets from co-workers at our day jobs) or #iranelection (tweets covering the current situation in Iran).
- We talked about the pros and cons of presenting while people are Twitter-ing
- Did you know that Twitter and Facebook could make you a better employee? We certainly know it makes us better friends.
- We talked about the Motrin Moms thing last year.
Drop us a line and let us know what you think, or if you have a question!