In our 9th podcast we react to a recent news channel’s story on how social media, and especially Facebook, can affect your marriage. What? Yeah.
See for yourself: the most ridiculous social media advice ever: [WCCO video].
We react to the following list of dos and don’ts by psychologist John Buri of the University of St. Thomas. Here’s what he said. You can hear our thoughts about this in the podcast (and in the brackets below):
1. Share your username and password with your spouse. [WHAT?!]
2. Include your spouse in pictures and status updates.
3. Tell your spouse whenever someone asks to “friend” you. [Really? Every friend request? Oy vey.]
1. Don’t criticize your spouse online. [DUH!]
2. Don’t “friend” exes.
3. Don’t engage in private chat. [Um, by this logic you better stop answering your phone, too.]
Take the hilarious Facebook compulsion quiz! http://tumanov.com/quiz/
What do you think? Are we wrong, or is this the most ridiculous crap ever said aloud?