Have you heard?! Facebook is taking all of your contact numbers from your phone, posting them all over the internet and selling them to terrorist organizations around the world! Okay, so that’s not entirely true, but with all of the posts on Facebook the past few weeks, you’d think Gaddafi was about to call everyone in your phone to see if he could crash with them for a few days until things settle down at home while Mark Zuckerberg laughs maniacally in his giant bed that’s stuffed with $100 bills. (Psst, it’s not that big of a deal.) In this week’s podcast, we give you the lowdown on the newest wave of Facebook panic and try to calm your nerves a bit.
We also discuss a few ways to back up your Facebook profile and Memolane, a site that aggregates your social activity into a timeline.
Also, we sing.
Links & Related Info
We referenced a lot of stuff this time around! We’ve tried to put links and videos in the order that we mentioned them.
- The reason for this clip will make way more sense after you listen to the podcast. But, it’s a classic.
- Geek Girls Guide Books!: We’ve got ’em! Soon, you can buy ’em. Totally up to you if you bother reading ’em.
- She’s Geeky MSP:Sign up for a super awesome unconference for geeky women in Minnesota.
- The Social Network. It’s a movie. In case you hadn’t heard. Also, it’s FICTION.
- Mark Zuckerberg at Web2.0 2010. Long, but a really great (and interesting) interview. Also, it’s NON-FICTION:
- Facebook’s Phonebook explained
- Sean Parker talks about the transition of social networking power from Friendster to MySpace to Facebook:
- Great article about Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook
- How to download a .zip of your Facebook profile
- Anonymous and the “threat” against Facebook
- Meghan’s Memolane profile
Next time we’ll talk more about music stuff like…