In podcast #22, we discuss walking the fine line between self promotion and being an annoying blowhard, and how to get over the resistance to self promote.
Originally, we sat down to discuss the ins and outs of Interactive Project Management. But, instead, we decided to talk about self promotion. Mainly because we are dealing with our own feelings of uneasiness about promoting a SXSW panel submission.
We discuss questions like:
- Is this a “girl thing?”
- How can you promote yourself without being annoying?
- Do the people you’re connected with online mind if you talk about yourself?
- Is there a difference between promoting your business and promoting yourself?
- How do you get a sense of what your “personal brand” is online? Does it match with who you really are?
Things We Referenced
- Meatspace:an idiom for the “real world”